Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 4

Today started off with another typical breakfast in Taiwan... I really liked the flat pancake looking thing. Sorry I don't have better name for it than that.

At the National Palace Museum. All I could think of the whole time was how incredibly long it would take my mom to get through this thing... it was huge!

This is for you Micah! My wonderful brother-in-law helped me find this jacket for the random rain that comes frequently here. Here was my first time using it and it worked out great!
We went to the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101. It has the fastest elevator in the world as well. We went 89 stories in 30 seconds! Here is a picture of me in the viewing level.

It wasn't very clear out from all the rain, but here is a look from the viewing level.
Louis next to a picture of what the building actually looks like.
We also went to dinner with Louis' mom's siblings and some of their kids tonight. It was quite the experience... really I can't tell you much about it because I have no idea what went on. That's it for today, tomorrow should be a little less busy which I am looking forward to.

3 comments:

  1. We just saw Taipei 101 on the Travel Channel! Looks like there are some amazing restaurants in that building as well! Keep the great pics coming! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks incredible and the fastest elevator...how cool! So it ended up being dinner instead of a luncheon...did you wear the cute black dress? I hope the food was good! :)

    I'm still waiting for a post from Louis...tell him he needs to write and let you sleep for a change! ;)

    Weg

    ReplyDelete
  3. the building is only as tall as Louis...it's not THAT big!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe
    I really enjoy reading the updates.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete