This whole morning Katrina was in a lot of pain. Her current IV was not feeling good. So they had an anesthesiologist come and put in a new line in her right hand. After about an hour, that one was painful as well. They had another anesthesiologist come in and try and find a good vein; after several searches, pricks, and tears, they gave her some medication to lessen the pain. (Katrina does not have "good" veins.)
After a couple of hours, the doctor decided to have a PICC line installed. The procedure went well and once the source of pain was able to be taken out (it took awhile, since they had to x-ray to make sure the line went to her heart), she felt a lot better.
It was definitely a long morning.
Capture the Moment- December Part IIII
3 years ago
Hoping for a better afternoon and evening. We have similar battle stories in some regards, and I know that despite the strength and deep rooted your faith, the anxiety that comes with the waiting and not knowing challenges your every being.
ReplyDeleteWhere you were last Thursday seemed hopeless. You're merely days away to hitting a significant goal for infants...24 weeks. Each day beyond just creates more emotional strength and hope.
My specific prayer is that the Holy Spirit continues to envelop both of you with that unmistakable peace that passes understanding. I'm praying that Katrina will continue to lose the discomfort to comfort and strength. I pray that the contractions will subside and baby boy Yang will continue to grow and continue to gain strength. I continue to pray for the Lord to guide the doctors' hands and decision making as they help the entire Yang family.
Your names are continually in my heart and prayers...!
Cheryl T.
Katrina and I went to college together and I've been keeping up with her on FB.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to encourage you both exactly where you are today. Continue to seek Him, continue to trust.
Praying for your sweet baby boy.
Teresa