Saturday, February 23, 2013

Houston Family

I will be the first to admit that even at 29 years old when I am sick, I just want my mom.  This is not so easy when she lives 1,500 miles away.  As much as I love living in Houston, I wish that I could pick up my family and move them here.  Now that my sister and I both have kids I wish even more that we lived closer.  That being sad, I am thankful to have some excellent "stand-ins" for my mom and big sister here.
Kristi is my Houston mom.  I am so thankful that I can call her to take me to the ER and stay until after midnight (not for the first time either) so Louis could stay home with Titus.  Not only that, but she has sat in the hospital with us countless time, always gives a place to go for holidays, vacations, remembers our birthdays & anniversary, and really anything we need I know we just have to let her know.

Angie and I have decided that she is the big sister that I needed in town and I am the little sister she always wanted.  This sweet friend did my grocery shopping this week and came and cleaned my house so Louis could get some rest and we could try to keep him and Titus healthy.  She is constantly checking in on us and what we need, she is one of the first people I go to when we need prayer for something.  She is a great mom and friend whose friendship and advice I value so much!

Kristi and Angie... I don't know where we would be without you!  Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment