Thursday, February 25, 2010

While I Have Been Out...

This is a long yet super fast story: About a month ago I woke up with horrible pain above my knee so I went to the chiropractor. I went for about two weeks every other day and although my knee pain got better I had horrible back pain. I went and saw a back specialist who order a lower back MRI. When we got the test results back, the radiologist notice abnormal bone marrow in all the vertebrates visible from the MRI so he referred me to an oncologist. Since then I have also developed horrible jaw/teeth pain that makes it almost impossible to eat and at times is the worst pain I have ever had in my life. Between Saturday and Monday I had blood work done twice, a brain MRI, lower neck MRI, abdomen CT, Pelvic CT, and a nuclear bone medicine scan, and a bone marrow biopsy. The radiologist called my dr. right away after the CTs because there is something not right with my abdomen... he has not confirmed that it is cancer, but cannot dismiss it either. He asked us to come to the office before he closed that day to discuss results. My oncologist in Katy came to the conclusion that I have acute leukemia and he wanted us to go straight to MD Anderson Cancer Center (one of the best that there is) My parents flew out on Friday which has been a huge blessing, but we need as many people praying as possible. The good news in it all is that things are being taken of quickly and every doctor is saying is how curable it is. They are still doing a few more tests to confirm the diagnosis to determine the type of chemo I will receive, hopefully starting ASAP. I'm sure that isn't the news you were expecting to hear... neither were we, but we are confident that God has a plan for me and mt body. We just have to wait and see what it is :) I will try and update as much as possible, but I am already VERY tired.

7 comments:

  1. I love you so much sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update girl! Please, please know we are praying for you, Louis and your family (as we know this was a shock), and will be doing whatever we can to help out. We know God will use this for His glory, as already evidenced in what you have said. Praying, Praying, Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! We are praying hard for you and know that God will be right by your side. Find strength in Him. And take time to rest...you'll need it! Let me know when I can come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, Louis and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you and Louis so very much. Remember- this may have caught you off guard but God has known all along. We are praying God's peace, mercy, grace, and healing over you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweet Katrina,
    I just want you to know that flavio(my fiance) and I are praying for you and your family during this difficult and painful time, but Just remember that we can do ALL things thru CHRIST who STRENGTHENS us!!! Keep smiling Katrina and God will see you thru.
    We love you and miss you lots

    ReplyDelete