Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Wolfe!

For those of you that don't know, Wolfe is the school that I taught at the previous three years. It is where I first started teaching and where my co-workers became family. That is why it was so hard to leave. I love my new school, but there is something about Wolfe that I know I will never be able to find anywhere else. Here is a picture from the ceremony with the current and all past principals of Wolfe, including Mr. Wolfe himself!
It was a great night of seeing friends and old students. Aside from nearly crying when I walked past my old room (it looked so much like my room, yet so different), realizing again how much I miss these two wonderful girls below, having to turn down my principal again trying to give me my job back, and trying to explain to students why I "quit" or went to a new school (that was hard!)... it was a great night.
I had some funny interactions with students:

Me: "(Insert student name here)! How are you?"
Student: "Oh hi. I'm fine."
Me: "How is first grade?"
Student: "It's good." (long pause) "WAIT! Are you Mrs. Yang???
***This was one of my brightest, favorite students last year. He is hilarious! He then proceeded to tell me ALL about the new teacher in my room and everything she does. It's like I hired him to spy on her. I'm sure she has no idea how much he pays attention to!

"Mrs. Yang, when are you teaching at this school again?"

"Mrs. Yang, why do you teach at a new school? Your were my favorite teacher here!"

LOVE the students at Wolfe and LOVE the people that work there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment