I know it comes as no surprise that I can't believe this day is here, but I continue to ask myself where has the time gone? Over this past year you have brought so much joy into our lives and so many others that it is hard to put into words. You are truly the greatest blessing! You go see Dr. Eddings tomorrow so we will see how much you have grown. You are wearing size 4 diapers and are wearing 12 month clothes. Thankfully we haven't had too much cold weather because you only had 1 pair of long pants... but thanks to your birthday party we are now ready for fall. Bring on the cold weather!
You have taken off this month. You love to walk everywhere you go. In fact, I dropped you off in the walker room at church today and cried as I left. I guess the combination of you being one and moving to a toddler class was too much for me in one day! You love to walk outside and I have to be quick to keep you from running into the street. You have also started climbing onto things so we have to keep an extra careful eye on you! You still love to play with your cars and balls, but those have a new rival... you got a wagon for your birthday and I think that it has quickly become a favorite.
You still only have two teeth and are still liking the same foods. You have now tried strawberries and peanut butter and although you didn't mind them, you haven't been too excited about having them again. You are done with formula and now drink whole milk. Technically you should be done with bottles, but we still give you one before bed (just don't tell Dr. Eddings!).
You are becoming more vocal, but still no really words on consistency with what you say. You love to laugh, sometimes we only have to look at you and you crack up. I really don't think that we could have asked for a happier baby. You love to play outside and collect leaves and try to run out into the street. You love to sit and pat the grass and pull some blades out. I think that you could sit in the driveway for hours and watch cars go by and look for planes in the sky.
You have been a great sleeper this month too! You take 2 naps during the day anywhere from 1-3 hours (the long ones are always for Ms. Staci!) and sleep about 10-11 hours at night. We have been trying to get you to stay up a little later and sleep later, but we haven't been able to get you much past 7:15 most nights, but you have been sleeping until 5:30 or 6:00 which does make the mornings run smoother.
You are the most precious boy we could have ever hoped for and we are so blessed to be your parents!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
He figured out we had a sticker on him and it was all over from that point on!
No comments:
Post a Comment